On behalf of the BCS IRSG I am delighted to announce this year’s Search Industry Awards, celebrating the best search innovations of 2018. Presented by the Information Retrieval Specialist Group of the BCS, these awards recognize people, projects, and companies that have excelled in the design of search and information retrieval products and services.
If you know of any companies, projects, or products that deserve recognition, let us know by submitting a recommendation. Alternatively, if you’re involved with something special yourself, you can submit an application today!
This year we are offering five awards:
- Best search user experience (of a web site, information resource, etc.)
- Most promising start up (or new enterprise)
- Best open source project (of all shapes & sizes)
- Search professional of the year (who is your unsung hero?)
- Best paper / presentation (at Search Solutions 2018)
The third award is open only to presenters at Search Solutions, and will be judged on the day. For all others, apply today!
Winners will be selected by our panel of judges. We are grateful to these individuals for lending their expertise to the BCS Search Industry Awards:
- Charlie Hull (Managing Director, Flax)
- Edgar Meij (AI Team Lead, Bloomberg)
- Ilona Roth (Global Head of Onsite Search, RS Components)
The awards ceremony will take place during Search Solutions at BCS London on November 27. Winners will receive a framed certificate, bottle of wine, and a public listing on the IRSG Awards site.
We’ve designed the application process to be simple to complete. If you are unsure which category to apply for, or have questions about the application process, contact us via the address below.
Nominations will remain open until 1st November.
If you have any questions on the above, please contact Tony Russell-Rose via irsg AT bcs.org.