Wednesday 27th November, Covent Garden, London
Innovations in Web & Enterprise Search
Search Solutions is a special one-day event dedicated to the latest innovations
in web & enterprise search. In contrast to other major industry events,
Search Solutions aims to be highly interactive, with attendance strictly limited.
The programme includes presentations, panels and keynote talks by influential
industry leaders on novel and emerging applications in search and information retrieval.
NOTE: Search Solutions now offers a Tutorial Programme on Tuesday 26th November.
Have a look at the scheduled tutorials
09:30 - 10:00 Registration and coffee
SESSION 1: THE CHANGING FACE OF SEARCH
- 10:00 - 10:10 Introduction
- 10:10 - 10:35 Behshad Behzadi, Lead Technical Manager, Google Switzerland,
- 10:35 - 11:00 Wim Nijmeijer, Solution Consultant EMEA, Coveo,
Complex enterprise search delivered in a day - no I'm not insane.
- 11:00 - 11:25 Nikolaos Nanas, Co-Founder, NOOWIT and Researcher at the Institute of Research and Technology Thessaly in Greece,
Adaptive Information Filtering: from theory to practice
11:25 - 12:00 BREAK
SESSION 2: MORE THAN SEARCH
- 12:00 - 12:25 Henning Rode, Technical Lead Search, Textkernel,
CV search at TextKernel
- 12:25 - 12:50 Sandra Collins, Director, Digital Repository of Ireland,
Information Preservation and Access at the Digital Repository of Ireland
12:50 - 14:00 LUNCH
SESSION 3: UNDERSTANDING THE USER
- 14:00 - 14:25 Filip Radlinski, Applied Researcher, Microsoft Research,
Sensitive Online Search Evaluation
- 14:25 - 14:50 Mounia Lalmas, Principal Research Scientist, Yahoo! Labs,
An engaging click
- 14:50 - 15:15 Margaret Hanley, UX Consultant, Transform UK,
Understanding users search intent
15:15 - 15:45 BREAK
SESSION 4: ENTERPRISE SEARCH
- 17:00 - 17:30 Hot topics in search. Want to discuss your own hot topic?
Join in, it's a fishbowl session!
17:30 - 20:00 DRINKS RECEPTION
The event will also be followed by the
IRSG 2013 AGM (from 18:00).
Search Solutions is organised by the Information Retrieval Specialist
Group of the BCS and is held at the BCS
Central London Office:
BCS, 1st Floor
The Davidson Building
5 Southampton Street
London, WC2E 7HA Map
Registration fees (including VAT at 20%) are as follows:
Early Bird Rates (until 23:59 on 31-Oct-2013)
Normal Rates (from 01-Nov-2013)
- BCS member rate: £99
- Non-member rate: £129
- BCS member rate: £119
- Non-member rate: £149
Registration fees include lunch and a copy of the proceedings
Tea and coffee will also be available throughout the day followed by a drinks reception
in the evening.
Booking Link: https://events.bcs.org/book/823/.
Closing Date for bookings is 23:59 on Monday 25 November 2013 at 11:59 pm. No more bookings will be taken after this date.
Cancellations & Refunds
Full refund available if cancellation received before 12pm on Monday 18 November 2013.
Name substitutions will be allowed if notified before the closing date.
For overseas delegates who wish to attend the event please note that the BCS does not issue invitation letters.
Fee Waivers for Students
We are pleased to announce up to five fee waivers for students wishing to attend Search Solutions this year. For more information, please check this page.
Tony Russell-Rose, UXLabs
Udo Kruschwitz, University of Essex
Andy MacFarlane, City University London
Nilesh Thatte, Fujitsu Services
John Tait, johntait.net ltd.
M-Dyaa Albakour, University of Glasgow.
For enquiries about the event please contact Tony Russell-Rose, IRSG Vice-Chair: irsg [at] bcs.org